Business Systems in Strategic and Competitive Management
If I could show you your business information systems in a new light, that would enable you to manage them more effectively, and greatly increase their use as a strategic resource and source of strategic information, would that interest you?
The strategic and competitive application of business information systems is constantly hyped and sold, but seldom delivered – this briefing informs and equips business executives and managers to take charge of their business systems as valuable tools in their strategic and competitive arsenal.
In my articles and work I consistently stress the use of Business Information Systems as strategic tools and discuss how to achieve this. This Executive Briefing will give insight into what is REALLY required to achieve strategic value delivery from your business information systems, and how to raise the bar in terms of the value yield of those systems.
This briefing is designed for executives and senior managers who can only afford to take half a day out of the office.
The Briefing comprises:
1. Principles with regard to the strategic application of business information systems;
2. Why business information systems under-perform, and the Critical Factors for strategic business information investment success. Including headline discussion of the Bridgestone versus IBM Court Case based on the Court papers;
3. "The right information to the right person at the right time in order to take thrive decisions" – the fundamental requirement, coupled to "Answers to the questions YOU have NOT yet thought to ask – NOW";
4. Light lunch after the session, opportunity to network;
5. Afternoon discussion session, for those who can remain after lunch.
I guarantee that after this briefing you WILL see new opportunities to add value to your business through your existing systems and have a clear understanding of the measures required to realize these benefits.
The deliverables of this briefing will be:
1. Copies of all presentation slides supplied on a flash drive;
2. Copies of various reference articles supplied on a flash drive;
3. Understanding of why so many projects fail or under-perform, with reference to current cases such as Bridgestone versus IBM;
4. Insight into the strategic application of business information systems, including understanding of factors that give rise to under-performance of system investments – presented in such a way that you will be able to take action on return to the office to raise standards with regard to your systems and respond to challenging situations;
5. Understanding of the critical measures that are necessary to unlock REAL strategic value from business information system investments;
6. Opportunity to engage in detailed discussion and questioning during the afternoon session (I will also take questions throughout the morning session).
The value that this briefing will provide includes:
1. Fresh insight into your business systems, based on a strategic business management perspective that demystifies business systems technology and equips you to take action;
2. Understanding of critical concepts such as "precision configuration" which are at the heart of unlocking the full potential of your business information systems investment as a strategic resource;
3. Opportunity to engage with the speaker in the afternoon session in whatever way you consider appropriate -- bring examples of reports and other information and treat the afternoon session as a no-charge consulting opportunity and thereby obtain answers to real issues facing you right now.
4. The principles presented in this briefing, correctly applied, will, amongst other things, create intelligent data at a level that enables Business Intelligence tools to achieve their full potential. By this I mean that BI solutions can be created that deliver business intelligence at a level of sophistication and power that is beyond what most people can envisage. The strategic decision support value of this capability will deliver a level of competitiveness and strategic operational effectiveness and efficiency that is far ahead of organizations that do NOT apply these principles.
Why Dr James Robertson?
1. Consulting with regard to the effective strategic application of business information systems for over 25 years. Involved in their use in business since 1982;
2. Strong focus on strategic decision support – THE critical requirement for business information systems – coupled to engineering experience in the use of computer software to model the physical world and achieve high precision, high value outcomes;
3. Deep understanding of business, management, economics, data, decision making – focus on solutions that will have enduring value;
4. Innovative use of engineering principles and other methods to support high value system implementation outcomes;
5. Originator of concepts such as "Precision Configuration", innovative thought leadership in terms of getting the most out of your systems;
6. Dozens of investigations into failed and sub-optimal system implementations, projects and departments, gives a deep understanding of why failure occurs and HOW to prevent it;
7. Practical thinking that challenges the status-quo and opens up new ways of thinking.
Two day course – The Critical Factors in the Strategic High Value Application of Business Information Systems
The Executive Briefing – Business Systems in Strategic and Competitive Management is geared to meet the needs of business executives and senior managers who cannot afford to be out of the office for very long.
As a companion event we are offering a two day course on "The Critical Factors in the Strategic High Value Application of Business Information Systems" – this will cover broadly the same material as the Executive Briefing but in much more detail and targets business and technology managers who are involved with the hands-on day-to-day management and operation of your business information systems.
The two events are scheduled only a week apart so that executives and senior managers can attend the briefing, and managers responsible for the operation of the systems, both on the business side and the technology side, can attend the two day course and then compare notes and take congruent and consistent action.
The course will devote particular attention to the practical measures associated with raising the standard of configuration data within the context of the principle of "Answers to the Questions YOU have NOT yet thought to ask – NOW!" This will involve a half-day session with practical hands-on working with delegate data to teach the basic principles of Precision Configuration.
Delegates will also be taught a critical issues strategic analysis method that can be used for business strategy, IT strategy, critical requirements determination, and classification scheme headline development. Delegates will receive a set of spreadsheets that they can apply in the work environment.
I look forward to meeting you.
Two day consulting intervention
I am offering a special promotional "get to know James" consulting package comprising of two days on site - the first day at my expense in order to demonstrate my confidence in what I am offering.
During this intervention I will evaluate your systems and advise the scope of what is required for your organization to reach some or all of the above levels – as you stipulate. On the second day I will facilitate a half day workshop to assist you to develop the classification schemes for an agreed selection of small lists.
My fee for this intervention will be £525 -- nothing for the first day and £525 for the second day, provided the work is ordered by 31st March 2015 and executed and paid for by 24th April 2015. Payment terms 7 days from completion of assignment and NOT later than 24th April 2015. I have great confidence that you will receive considerably more value than this fee. This fee EXCLUDES VAT and travel and accommodation outside of London, UK.
This two day intervention will show you a number of easy measures to improve the quality of your business information systems data immediately. These recommendations will relate to steps that will facilitate better decision making and will reduce frustration and time wastage associated with system information requests.
More information on my website or email me to order or obtain more information.