Prd 001 What is different about the ERP Doctor approach? Created by James on 6/23/2013 8:31:06 AM
What are the main elements of what is different about the ERP Doctor approach?
1. A radically better view of ERP – 30/10
A radically better view of what constitutes a high value ERP implementation – 30 out of 10 (300%) on the traditional scale of excellence.
2. Strategic executive top down solution conceptualization
Solution architecture is conceptualized top down starting with the executive strategic view of the required outcome.
3. Fundamental understanding of the essence of the business
Intense focus on understanding the essence of the business and its fundamentals and how it thrives carried into all aspects of the project and configuration.
4. Engineering approach – rigour – engineer against failure
Executed in accordance with what I define as “the engineering approach”, rigour, engineer against failure based on comprehensive understanding of the factors that cause failure and how to prevent them thereby achieving success. I have been exploring and developing this approach on an explicit basis since 1989 and it is discussed in detail in my book and on my courses.
5. Executive engagement and practical metaphors executives can understand
High level of executive engagement and use of practical metaphors ensures that executives understand and own what is going on every step of the way – MY system.
6. Rigour and precision in modelling the real world
When executives inspect the configuration they recognize their business – a practical, real world solution that works.
7. Strategic engineered precision configuration built on precision taxonomies
Precision configuration built from the ground up on a fundamental first principles understanding of the essence of the business using taxonomy and coding conventions developed and proven over more than twenty years.
8. Holistic, integrated view of the entire business and its systems
A holistic integrated view of the entire business and how the entire suite of business information systems including the ERP and Data Warehouse inter-operate to create one composite Integrated Business Information System (IBIS = ERP Plus) including clever strategic custom develop of high value software components.
9. Fundamental understanding of the criticality of supporting high value decisions
A fundamental understanding that support for high value decision making is THE most important objective in any ERP or IBIS investment and comprehensive methods to ensure that this objective is met – answers to the questions the business has NOT yet thought to ask.
10. A rigorous approach to getting things done – make it WORK
Highly practical, results oriented, no-nonsense, tough, get it done approach to leading and guiding IT and ERP projects – proactive project leadership style – make it work.
The comment feature is locked by administrator.